In spring 2023, Hard Histories is hosting a series of virtual conversations exploring the histories of Blackness, slavery, and racism in the Maryland area and beyond.
All events will take place in the noon-1 pm eastern time slot via Zoom. These gatherings are free and open to the public, but registration is required. Click on each event link for full event information, as well as to register.
- March 6: “Hard Histories” in Baltimore, Featuring Theresa Sotto of the Walters Art Museum
Please check back for more event dates.
Hard Histories Project Director Dr. Martha S. Jones is also presenting at an array of events nationwide with colleagues and collaborators on matters relating to Hard Histories.
Click on each event link (as available) for full event information.
- February 1: University of Maryland’s 1856 Project Inaugural Symposium, College Park, MD
- February 8: Elijah E. Cummings Democracy and Freedom Festival 2023, Reginald F. Lewis Museum, Baltimore, MD
- February 16: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, details forthcoming
- April 14: Johns Hopkins Alumni Weekend, Baltimore, MD
Starting in spring 2021, Hard Histories has hosted a series of conversations exploring the histories of Blackness, slavery, and racism in the Maryland area and beyond. View some of these events, as well as other events that Hard Histories has participated in, on YouTube here.